WMCRS Becomes WRMC 91.7 FM

by on October 9, 1956

Posted in: Timeline

In its early years, WMCRS’s broadcasting range was limited to the confines of the college and it barely even reached all of the dorms. In 1967, however, the real revolution began. The transmitter was moved to the top of Gifford Hall, the power was increased to 10 watts and the station’s name was replaced with the more user-friendly WRMC, broadcasting now on the FM dial, at 91.7